Thursday 26 May 2011

Windows Phone 7 Marketplace app count bests BlackBerry?

When Apple launched the App Store, I have no doubt in my mind that Steve Jobs, Apple and the rest of the crew knew only that the apps would be the next big hit.
Either that or they took a pretty big leap of faith, his hands over his eyes and screamed loudly.
But it went down, we know that the success of applications is now very relevant to a device, or more specifically a particular mobile operating success.
No apps, not a platform does not have much of a chance to succeed.
And that is why I am never surprised any more to see people so engaged with their smart phones these days, no matter what they do.
And it gotten me wondering: what is your cell phone addiction I went out to dinner last night, and when I looked around the restaurant I saw the same thing I usually see: the people on their cell phones.
This is such a regular event now that I do not even think twice about it.
But tonight, I began to wonder just how many of them were actually using a program of any kind, or playing a game or watch a video.
And before I could stop myself, I realised that my phone was out, and I was getting ready to take part in another exciting game of Bejeweled LIVE (Windows Phone 7).
And just like that I realized that the programs are a great, if not perfect way to pass the time, be it much or little.
I watched as people used their phones to show off of something, and I saw that a program of any kind was actually used to help a conversation along.
It was probably a couple of videos that appear here and there, as I heard lots of laughter from people staring at their phones.
There is no way for me to know what all these people did, but I think it's a safe assumption to believe the program had nothing to do with all that cheerfulness.
And that's where the question of the article comes in.
However, if you had to narrow it down, which apps you use most? For me, I find myself playing games way more than anything else.
Of course, I still cheque social networking apps more oftentimes than I should, but in nine out of ten it's usually a game on my smartphone screen.
As I mentioned above, Bejeweled LIVE a soft spot in my heart, but it makes games like Infinity Blade (IOS), The Harvest (Windows Phone 7), and fruit Ninja (IOS, Android, Windows Phone 7).
If I could do that and still be marginally successful in one of these titles, I would play them all at the same time.
I can not necessarily depend on, but I'm definitely a fan, and if I have a few minutes to spare, I'm going to play one of those games.
Remember, recognition is the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment